Saturday, May 21, 2011

Reflection

Sometimes when I feel sad I stare at myself in the mirror. I stand there, very still, for a very long time looking at that sad person looking back at me. I look into her eyes and try to discover the things that burden her soul. And then I try to see the things that lift it. I look at her face and I wonder what other people see when they look at it.

Sometimes I see a tear crawling down her cheek.

It takes a long time, but eventually I start to talk to her. I always make sure to start by telling her she's beautiful.

Telling yourself that you are beautiful seems to be against the rules nowadays. But yourself would be so much happier if she could hear that you think she is beautiful. And I think the more beautiful yourself feels the more beautiful you will feel.

And you are, you know. You are beautiful.

You don't need to be sad to do it. Just walk in front of the mirror. Take a moment. And then tell her "You are beautiful." Let it sink in. Then walk away.

Can't you just feel how happy that made her?

1 comment: