Friday, November 27, 2009

In a word

There is probably a word for blogging about a movie about blogging about cooking, but I don't know what it is. Whatever it is, it is what I'm doing now. Mom and I went to see Julie and Julia last night--I loved it so much I almost went again tonight. Anyway, that's not the point. I had various thoughts as I watched the film--the one worth writing about goes something like this. As I marveled while Meryl Streep nailed Julia Child's accent, this was my primary thought: "Julia Child would make such a great singer." And, seriously folks, she would. Julia Child sing speaks (or sing spoke, may she rest in peace), which is exactly what my teacher is always telling me to do. Not only is it better for the voice, but it actually trains you while you speak. And Julia did it naturally--she basically came out of the womb ready to sing full-scale arias! Can I just say right now that that is deliciously awesome? Because it is. Hats off to the French Chef who is the Maria Callas we never knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment